Interesting facts of history and modernity of the Carpathian region
Even the European princes liked to spend holidays in the Carpathians.
• Yaremche is related to the name of the legendary folk hero Oleksa Dovbush
• In October 1908 in forests of Tatariv hunted Viennese aristocracy( with Maria Theresa – the only female ruler of the Habsburg dominions and the princes of Liechtenstein).
• In 1901 first Ukrainian hotel was opened in Mykulychyn. The house near the railway station was rented from a local pastor. The Villa had two floors, large rooms – accommodation facility and eight rooms.
• In 1905-1906 in Yaremche accommodated1500 visitors for the season. It brought the owners of villas 200 thousand crowns annually.
• In 1912 – 2400 people visited Yaremche. That year, many magazines of Galicia wrote about the future heir Karl Franz Joseph of Habsburg, who later became the Austro-Hungarian Emperor Karl I who stayed in Yaremche.