Santa Claus festival in the Carpathians
The first Santa Claus festival in the Carpathians will be held on Saturday, December 17, 2011, at the Bukovel ski resort (Palyanytsa village, Ivano-Frankivsk region). The Santas from all over Ukraine will gather here to light the most beautiful and important Christmas tree of the Carpathians.
Within the festival is planned a mass descent on skis and snowboards of Santas and Snow Maidens. It will be a sort of flash mob, simultaneous descent of hundreds of skiers and snowboarders in carnival costumes. Anyone who will have a Santa Claus hat, scarf and gloves can participate in this performance.
The Santa Claus festival in the Carpathians is scheduled with different competitions. The ringing of Christmas bells will notify about the beginning of each of them.
Starting at 15:00 pm you will see:
– Santa Claus sleigh racing
– best New Year’s greeting from Santa Claus and Snow Maiden
– best decorated Christmas tree
– The best Christmas tune of Santa Claus and Snow Maiden
– Christmas Quiz
– The most interesting games for kids and adults
– Hunting Carpathian deer with a lasso
– Santa Claus – rescuer
– Dancing battle of Santa Claus on skis and snowboards at the foot of the Bukovel Mountain.
The winners names will be announced the same night on “Ice disco”.
P.s. You still have a chance to spend this Christmas in the Carpathians. Please contact us. We’ll work-out a tour in the Carpathians for any budget.
- 20.07.2018 Hunting and fishing traditions of Hutsulshchyna Thanks to its natural isolation, Carpathians kept authentic material and intellectual culture,...
- 19.07.2018 Hutsuls and a collective farm: how the soviet system cultivated beets in the Carpathians The soviet experimental introduction of collective farming in Hutsulshchyna failed rather quickly....
- 03.05.2018 Wells of Hutsul region Well take an important place in architecture of today's Carpathian villages